Country music veteran Trace Adkins' new single "Jesus and Jones" will finally be released on his new album. The song was released to radio on January 19, 2016 as the lead single to his debut album for Wheelhouse Records, and his fifteenth overall, Something's Going On. The song was written by Tyler Farr, Jim McCormick, and Casey Beathard.
The song is an honest ode to the struggles of sanctification. The lyrics discusses the protagonist being "In a War" since he was a kid trying to be like Jesus and Country Music icon George Jones. I need to find a little middle ground/Between let her rip and settling down/But I go from dry to drowned, lost to found/Stone cold sober to just plain stoned/Trying to live like my heroes did/Is the hardest kind of livin' there is/Been a tug o' war since I was a kid between Jesus and Jones.
The song has also finally found a home. It will be on Adkins' new album, Something's Going On, which drops March 31. Something's Going On marks Adkins' 12th studio album - his first in four years - and his first release on his new label, Wheelhouse Records, a division of BBR Music Group.
Preceded by album cuts "Jesus and Jones" and "Lit," Adkins' first official single,"Watered Down," will be released to country radio March 13.
"When I first heard 'Watered Down' I felt an immediate connection with what I wanted to say," Adkins says in a press release. "A man comes to a point in his life where he begins to reflect on his past and what he's learned and that's what fueled this song. If you've led the kind of life I've led, at some point you have to temper your vices."
The rest of Adkins' new album is tattooed with some of Nashville's most respected songwriters including Tyler Farr, Craig Campbell and Shane McAnally. Something's Going On was produced by Mickey Jack Cones.
Trace Adkins, Something's Going On Track Listing:
1. "Ain't Just the Whiskey Talkin'" (Terry McBride, Brett Beavers)
2. "Jesus and Jones" (Tyler Farr, Jim McCormick, Casey Beathard)
3. "Watered Down" (Matt Jenkins, Trevor Rosen, Shane McAnally)
4. "Something's Going On" (Chris Cavanaugh, Mark Stephen Jones)
5. "If Only You Were Lonely" (Jon Coleman, Troy Johnson)
6. "Gonna Make You Miss Me" (Tommy Lee James, Matt Nolan, Andrew Dorff)
7. "I'm Gone" (Craig Campbell, Max T. Barnes)
8. "Country Boy Problems" (Tommy Lee James, Josh Osborne)
9. "Lit" (Mickey Jack Cones, Monty Criswell, Derek George)
10. "Still a Soldier" (Phil O'Donnell, Wade Kirby)
11. "Whippoorwills and Freight Trains" (Phil O'Donnell, Jeff Middleton, Brandon Kinney)
12. "Hang" (Lynn Hutton, Phil O'Donnell)
Read More: Trace Adkins Reveals New Album, 2017 Tour Dates | http://tasteofcountry.com/trace-adkins-somethings-going-on-new-album-2017-tour-dates/?trackback=tsmclip