Worship leader and songwriter Tasha Layton is set to release her much anticipatd new album How Far. Here are 7 things to know about the new album:
1. The album is set for release on May 13 from BEC Recordings.
2. Layton co-wrote nine of the project's 10 tracks, and How Far also features songwriting contributions from such names as Matthew West, We Are Messengers' Darren Mulligan, Matt Hammitt, Aaron Shust, Ethan Hulse and Andrew Bergthold (We The Kingdom), among others.
3. Produced by GRAMMY® and Dove Award winner Keith Everette Smith, the definitive 10-song set brims with soaring ballads and bright pop gems, putting Layton's signature vocals front and center to extol themes of Hope and encouragement.
4. Layton has this to say about the title cut and soon to be released single "How Far." "The whole album is summed up in the message of the title track, 'How Far,'" Layton shares. "It's about how God continues to reach out and pursue us even when we run from Him. It was God's love for us that propelled Him to give His life on the cross. Arms stretched open wide-that's how far He will go."
5. "I didn't shy away from any hard emotions with these songs, and I really tried to lean in and hear what God had to say about each of them," Layton says of How Far. "My hope is that listeners feel a sense of freedom in this album, understanding that God meets us even in the darkest of hours. The album speaks to God's intimate involvement in our lives, from the mundane to the biggest moments, throughout each and every season. God is in all of those things with us. He cares; He's kind; and He's working all things out for our good."
6. The new album will feature her the #1 single "Look What You've Done." The song reached the pinnacle of Billboard's Christian Airplay chart and earned her recognition as one of the publication's Top 5 female Christian artists of the year.
7. Here's the video of "Look What You've Done:"